How to Care Your Jackets
HOW TO CARE FOR LEATHER PRODUCTS
- Keep your leather products free from dust by storing in a protective cloth bag.
- Do not store in a plastic bag as leather needs to "breath"
- Should the product accumulate some dust or debris just wipe with a clean, damp (not wet) cloth.
- Never use any soap or detergent to clean the product.
- Do not store in direct sunlight or under sharp artificial light.
- Avoid storing in a damp closet, environment should be cool but dry.
- Do not allow cosmetics, perfumes or hand creams to come in contact with the leather.
- Any accidental oil stains should immediately be treated with talcum powder which should absorb the oil and draw most of it out of the product.
- Do not over fill your product as leather will stretch, but will not return to its original shape.
- Avoid using metal hanger for hanging leather jackets.
- Overfilling also puts stress on the stitching and will cause damage in the long term.
- Should your product get wet, do not dry with heat. Let the product dry slowly under natural circumstances.
VERY IMPORTANT - Any genuine leather product will age with time. In other words it will change color and get a character of its own during
normal use. Take care of your Leather product and it will last a life time.
Steps to Clean the Jacket
- Leather jackets should only cleaned when needed. A jacket with typical wear only needs to be cleaned once a year.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a small amount of mild soap or detergent.
- Mix well.
- Moisten the sponge or soft cloth with the soapy water.
- Gently wipe it over the surface of the jacket. Do not scrub the coat.
- To rinse, moisten a sponge or soft cloth with plain water and wipe the entire coat to remove any soap residue.
- Wipe or blot the coat with a dry sponge or cloth to remove any excess moisture.
- Hang the coat to dry.
- Once dry, apply a leather conditioner to keep the leather soft and flexible. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application.
- Once dry, the coat is ready to be worn or stored until the following year.